Monday, October 25, 2010

Pictures of our first meeting








The top picture is the first time Heather held Joshua, words cannot describe what a picture shows.  The second picture is a car that I (Russ) brought for him because I was told he liked cars.  His smile confirmed it.  The third picture is about 3 minutes after Heather first held Joshua and another little boy named Mitshuna (sp?) asked me if I would hold him (extremely outoing and gregarious, an amaizing little boy, I wanted to take them all home).  The 4th picture is of Joshua doing his school dance.  Everyday at school they sing a little song welcoming everyone to school and during that song Joshua created this little dance and then everyone else does it.  The dance will live on with his legacy at Open Door Orphanage.  The fifth picture is of Joshua playing with his car on my leg.  Joshua is extremely intelligent (they nicknamed him the professor), he is pensive, organized and often very serious.  When he is uncomfortable he bottles up and has a very concerned look on his face.  On the flip side he is the life of the party, extremely extroverted and comic relief when he is comfortable with you.  This picture of him running the car on my leg is after about fifteen minutes of him taking a more "serious" approach to my presence and I got him to feel comfortable and play with me.  The 5th picture is of our family the first day together, about 4 hours after first meeting and on our way to dinner.  I wish I had words to describe the experience.  The only common words I know to share is that we have a big God, and our hearts were sewn together even before we each entered to world.  The Koehler family is finally complete!  More pictures coming later, and I am sure that Heather will be back on soon for more updates. 

8 comments:

  1. The smiles on your faces say it all!!! Thanks for sharing these beautiful photos! Your blog is a great way to start the day. Continued prayers head your way. Much love and many blessings to you all!
    I love you,
    Auntie Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes me cry! I remember the meeting, so wonderfully sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everytime I read anything from ya'll or even tell someone else I start to cry! I am so happy for you!!!-Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOMENESS!!!!!!! just plain awesomeness!!!!!
    Jessica Wink:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your journey to Joshua with us. I am always deeply touched after reading your entries.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been waiting to see that picture. Finally! All smiles!

    ReplyDelete