Saturday, October 30, 2010

quick update ;)

Hello from the other side of the world!  I apologize that I have not updated in several days… We need to get ready for church so I will do a more thorough update this afternoon. But here is a rundown of the happenings since the last update.
Went to court on Wed morning… went off without a hitch!
The Judge told us she’d get us the piece of paper that is needed to make any further progress, that afternoon! (an unbelievable turnaround!)
We went to the US Embassy to get the list of “to-do’s”
Got Joshua’s passport photos taken.
Came back to the hotel and met with a woman about the in-laws going on a 3 day safari
Decided we would regret if all we ever saw of Africa was the city, so at the last minute decided to take the kids and go on a safari in Queen Elizabeth’s National park with the entire family, and leave in a matter of hours!
Packed for 7 people for a 3 day trip in the middle of Africa.
Brought the computer so I could update when we got to the park.
Drove 8 ½ hours in an ant and roach infested non air-conditioned van with no seat belts, no A/C, and my children on laps!
Seriously questioned my sanity.
Got to the Lodge and unloaded the sticky troops & tried to log on to update ya’ll.
It dawned on me that we were in the middle of the Savannah and that internet access was really not an option.
Saw incredible African wildlife and landscape.
Drove 8 ½ hours back to the hotel, in the same character building vehicle.
Crashed in our beds like you can’t believe!
And here we are… now ready to go get my children ready for church.
I’ll fill in more later.
Love you all!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment