Tuesday, November 9, 2010

12 hours!

In 12 hours Joshua and I will be in our Visa interview.  That means that the Judge signed our documents on Monday as hoped!  Woo Hoo!!!  Our lawyer had to camp out at her office from 10 am to 2 pm, until she finally signed it.  As soon as we had it in our hot little hand, we raced over to the US Embassy to drop off all of our paperwork and ask for an appointment on Wed.  (adoption Visa interviews are only done on Mondays and Wednesdays). We were seen by a woman at 5 pm to submit our documents, and were told that it would be difficult to get an appointment this Wed.  We continued to chat, while I silently prayed that God would soften her heart.  By the end of our 10 minute visit, I had the first appointment on Wed... of this week!  Our God is so powerful!
So tomorrow at 2:00 pm (1 am, Medford time) Joshua and I will be in our Visa interview.  PLEASE keep us in your prayers.  While we waited to submit our docs for an appointment, we watched 3 other families come out of their Visa interviews... 2 of them crying! The interviewer is a tough cookie from what I understand, and has the authority to go over everything with a fine tooth comb.  This is a VERY good thing, as the safety and legitimacy of every adoption should be the priority, but that doesn't mean that I am not a bit nervous that every "I" was not dotted and every "T" crossed.
I am praying for peace, acceptance and a miracle!
My dear friend, Sandy, reminded me today that I need to enjoy this 1 on 1 time that I have with Joshua.  Once we get home, "alone time" with one of my children is infrequent and invaluable.  But my heart still yearns to be a complete family again! When they were here in Uganda and we were all together, time FLEW by... but now that they are on the other side of the globe and our family is disjointed, one day feels like 10.  But I will trust that God is in charge and that His timing is perfect! So, I will hope for the best and prepare my heart that God's definition of  "the best", may not be mine. 
Thank you for keeping us in your prayers!  If you want to pray for the interviewer by name, her name is Bridgett, and once we "pass" the interview, the woman actually issuing the visa is Freda. Freda said if we pass the interview on Wed, that the Visa would likely be ready on Friday... but we are hoping to fly out on Thursday night instead so we dont have to add another 4 hour leg to our flight.  So we are also Praying for that miracle as well!  He is able, He is mighty, He is good...always.  Even when we don't get what we want!  But that wont stop me from asking, care to join me?  I love you all and hope to see you soon!!!!
Heather 

  

4 comments:

  1. Yay! Good stuff:) I will continue to be praying for you. With all the mess we had to deal with for Elijah, our embassy visit was the easiest thing! AFC and Holt have you covered but most importantly, GOD's got your back!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather and Joshua... Lots and lots of prayers coming your way!!! I am praying for God to work a miracle on Wednesday so you can come home and be with your family ASAP. Love you! Auntie Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I drove behind your house while going down Springbrook I prayed for Russ and your household in Medford and for you and Joshua in Uganda. Joshua is so fortunate to have a dedicated Mommy like you Heather:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praising that you got your appt. Praying for the rest of the process. Our God is faithful!

    ReplyDelete