Sunday, November 7, 2010

Safely "house"

So the rest of my family arrived safely home in Medford on Friday night.  My adorable husband e-mailed me as soon as they got home and the first 2 lines of his message were this:
"My lovely bride, we are safely home!  Well, I should say we are house, because that is all this building is without you and Josh here."  
Boy, does he know how to make a girl pine for him!  The next day (yesterday) we were able to use "Skype" which is a free internet video conferencing type thing (for those who don't know).  I can see their faces and hear their voices and vice versa.  There is some delay and the image is a bit choppy but it was AMAZING to see and hear each other!  Joshua spent a good 1/2 an hour singing to his siblings on skype today while they were eating breakfast and we were getting ready for dinner.  What a blessing it is to live in a time where we have this technological capability!  It has made this confusing transition so much easier for Joshua. (and me!) I enjoyed breakfast with my family this evening and it was wonderful! It was like I was there. Life was just happening as it does on a busy Sunday morning in the Koehler house and I was there to enjoy every bit of it... except for the part when Russ said "Heather, can I make you an egg on toast and a cup of freshly brewed coffee?" Now that was just mean!  You have no idea how gross the eggs are here, and the instant coffee isn't quite cutting it! (and He knows it!) ;)  Fortunately, I have decided not to hold it against him, and I'll just remind him that I only have 1 toddler in my care, therefor I can take naps in the middle of the day, if I so choose (although I always find something else to do) Says the girl who is up past midnight writing this.
Tomorrow is Monday and we are praying and praying that the Judge signs our court documents.  She is supposed to be back in the office tomorrow to wrap up old business (after moving to a new district last week).  But there are SO MANY "supposed to's" that don't always pan out here.  But I will hold on to hope and pray that she comes in and signs our document.  It is the last piece of paper that is needed to go to the Embassy and get Joshua's Visa (but the visa interview couldn't be until Wed)  So, if everything goes well, we "should be" home on Friday evening. Please pray!
I took my parents to Watoto church today and it was AMAZING...again!  The music, the message, the atmosphere, was nothing short of spirit filled!  Gods presence was tangible!  I prayed with the woman next to me.  I prayed for some personal problems she is struggling with and she prayed over my disjointed family and the adoption process! Later my mom joined us and we prayed for our home church in Medford and the process of finding a new pastor who will be a vessel of God's grace and might!  I was honored to worship along side this sister in Christ!
I hope to have good news tomorrow of complete paperwork, and a Visa apointment on Wed.  I love you all!

2 comments:

  1. Carmen told me about "Pizza Hot" in Uganda and said it wasn't so hot:) She said they got to have real pizza last night. Russ made it to church in record time. Aren't we lucky God blessed us with such amazing men that can take care of our tribes while we are away? Praying for your safe return Heather and Joshua.
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you make it to Redeemer House, I will try to figure out how my French Press works and make you some real coffee!

    ReplyDelete